Routing SPI

Hello everyone,

We are currently playing with the Routing SPI, on the latest master of origin.

It works quite well. I published a gist explaining how to use it : https://gist.github.com/Filirom1/7334311

Our goal is to build an nginx OpenShift LoadBalancer that will bypass Node Apache, HAProxy and Node Proxy.

Nginx will be highly available because configured behind LVS, and the configuration will be sharded amoung severals servers.

This project was done internally and is now open-sourced : https://github.com/worldline/paas-rproxy-agent

This project doesn’t use the routing SPI, instead it spies mcollective messages and transmit configuration messages to another mcollective agent that will create nginx configuration… This source code doesn’t work anymore with the latest origin, this is the reason why we are looking at the Routing SPI now. It will make our code robust to future origin internal changes.

Before starting our implementation with the routing SPI, I was wondering if there is a REST API to retrieve the whole routing table ? It would be useful to init nginx configuration before adding it to the cluster.

Another thing I notice, is that `add_gear` and `delete_gear` messages are only published if the application is HA. Is it wanted ?

The last question is how can I force every http request to pass through the nginx (nginx servers are different from node servers), and ssh/git requests to access the node directly ? Currently we solved this with this Pull Request : https://github.com/openshift/origin-server/pull/2877. It replaces ssh node names by node IP, but it creates problems when moving gears. `.git/config` reference an IP (not a name anymore) that changed when the gear was moved.

Cheers

Romain

Ce message et les pièces jointes sont confidentiels et réservés à l'usage exclusif de ses destinataires. Il peut également être protégé par le secret professionnel. Si vous recevez ce message par erreur, merci d'en avertir immédiatement l'expéditeur et de le détruire. L'intégrité du message ne pouvant être assurée sur Internet, la responsabilité de Worldline ne pourra être recherchée quant au contenu de ce message. Bien que les meilleurs efforts soient faits pour maintenir cette transmission exempte de tout virus, l'expéditeur ne donne aucune garantie à cet égard et sa responsabilité ne saurait être recherchée pour tout dommage résultant d'un virus transmis.

This e-mail and the documents attached are confidential and intended solely for the addressee; it may also be privileged. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy it. As its integrity cannot be secured on the Internet, the Worldline liability cannot be triggered for the message content. Although the sender endeavours to maintain a computer virus-free network, the sender does not warrant that this transmission is virus-free and will not be liable for any damages resulting from any virus transmitted.