Re: OSO on CentOS 6.x?

Hey Mike--

On Nov 11, 2013, at 1:50 , The Dude <michael mcconachie hotmail com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> ....Please don't shoot the messenger.  I have been tasked (kicking and screaming) with identifying and verifying an install procedure for OSO 2.0 on Centos (Puppet, Ansible, BASH based, w/e).

Why shoot the messenger? Red Hat <3's CentOS:
http://readwrite.com/2013/08/13/red-hat-ceo-centos-open-source#awesm=~omTea6wvHTZNbg

> At one time vagrant was the culprit of failed (puppet driven) installs.  Krishna, Jamey, Ben Klank, and Ben Langfeld fixed it several months ago.  Info can be found here ---> https://github.com/worldline/openshift-vagrant-centos.  Has anyone had recent success re: installing 2.0 on CentOS since then?

Have you tried this with oo-install yet? Krishna can correct me if I'm out to lunch on this, and I'll set up a test case right now, but my understanding is that oo-install's (Puppet-based) Origin installation workflow functions correctly on RHEL, so it -should- function correctly on CentOS. Anyone who knows better, please feel free to contradict me...

--Harrison