Re: OSO on CentOS 6.x?

Hey Mike--

On Nov 11, 2013, at 17:04 , The Dude <michael mcconachie hotmail com> wrote:

> Steve,
>
> Thanks for the info. Thanks for your effort and time in replying!
>
> (Looks like the bot merged your changes ~6 hours ago to 'master'. Awesome, and how timely?)
>
> I'll let you know if it works for me or not.

I almost forgot to let you know how my CentOS install went. I did an all-in-one OSO installation on CentOS 6.4 ("minimal" setup plus oo-install requirements). Everything went well -after- I made one change that you may or may not need to make.

Google's public DNS at 8.8.8.8 is not reachable from my lab, but that is the IP address that is set up in /var/named/forwarders.conf by Puppet. We have some thoughts on how to fix that; essentially we will probably capture the contents of /etc/resolv.conf just prior to the "puppeting" and then use that config as the basis for the forwarders config. But--at present this will only affect you if 8.8.8.8 is not reachable from your broker. In that case, manually edit the IP address in /var/named/forwarders.conf and you should be okay.

--Harrison