Re: Routing SPI

> > Hi,
> >

> > Thank you everybody for all your answers.
> >

> > I confirm that my goal is to develop a DIY routing/proxying based on the
> > routing SPI.
> >

> > I think I will not use the gear_group? include=endpoints API because it
> > means
> > a lot of requests to be sent (List users, for each user, list applications,
> > and for each application retrieve the endpoints). I will wait for the REST
> > endpoints API, or I will retrieve the data directly from mongodb.
> >

> > But our second goal is to recommend every application to be HA.
> >

> > Is there a way I can change the default setting for app creation from
> > not-scalable & not-HA to scalable & HA ? I mean, where should I start in
> > the
> > source code, if I want to do that ?
>
> I would imagine that adding a broker configuration for this would be the
> right way to go.
> (Comments, suggestions from others in the team?)

Please be aware that making it HA by default means that two gears will be spun for each application by default. There is a cost of resources here.

I guess what we want is that routing endpoints be published anyway, whether the app is assumed as HA or not. The meaning of HA would then just be whether it is hosting multiple 'web_proxy' (read haproxy-1.4) cartridges or not, and of course more than two gears. Perhaps the endpoints will be re-published when the app becomes HA in case the router wants to change its routing policies for such apps.

Agreement?

 - Rajat