How to show progress messages from cartridge scripts to the user

Hi all.

I'm developing a cartridge for Plack-based Perl Web application.
https://github.com/debug-ito/openshift-cartridge-plack

I plan to use it on OpenShift Online.

Now I'm wondering how to show progress messages from my cartridge
scripts to the user (application developer). This is because my
bin/setup script takes a long time installing a number of Perl modules
from the Internet. Without progress messages, the application
developer may think something goes wrong and abort the operation.

I thought "client_message" function defined in
$OPENSHIFT_CARTRIDGE_SDK_BASH should do the trick. However, when I run
"rhc app create", the messages don't show up until the whole operation
is complete. I'd like real-time feedback to the user.

So, is there any way to show progress messages from cartridge scripts?

Toshio Ito
debug ito gmail com