cartridge user dependencies in own package

Hello,
For those that don't know, we currently have alot of what I call "user dependencies" in our openshift-origin-cartridge rpm packages.
I will use openshift-origin-cartridge-perl as my example.
In order to install the ropenshift-origin-cartridge-perl pm you have to have

httpd facter rubygem(openshift-origin-node)
openshift-origin-node-util mod_perl
perl-DBD-SQLite perl-DBD-MySQL perl-MongoDB ImageMagick-perl
gd-devel perl-App-cpanminus perl-CPAN perl-CPANPLUS
db4-devel rpm-build expat-devel perl-IO-Socket-SSL gdbm-devel

As you start reading through that requirement list you think to yourself, "well of course it need those" ... then you get to the Database entries and you think ... "Well, that makes sense" then you read some of the others and think ... "If you say so, I guess we need them" and then you read rpm-build and think ... "What?? why does my perl cartridge need to build rpm's"

I'd like to work on a change, and make a proposal.

Let's change the requirements of the cartridges to only require what is needed to make the cartridge run.
All the other requirements, let's put into their own requirements rpm.

* openshift-origin-cartridge-perl
   requires:
    rubygem(openshift-origin-node)
    openshift-origin-node-util
    mod_perl
    perl-App-cpanminus

* openshift-origin-cartridge-perl-users
   requires:
    openshift-origin-cartridge-perl
    perl-DBD-SQLite
    perl-DBD-MySQL
    perl-MongoDB
    ImageMagick-perl
    ...etc...

I don't want to do this until release 3 is done. But I'd like to get the groud work started for the change. There are a couple things that need to be decided.

1 - Should we do this?

2 - What would we call the new rpms?
-- openshift-origin-cartridge-<cart>-users ?
-- openshift-origin-cart-dep-<cart> ?

3 - Do we have just one big dependency rpm per cart, or should we have several?
-- openshift-origin-app-dep-redmine ?
-- openshift-origin-lang-dep-ta-lib ?

Thoughts
Troy