Re: http_proxy for gear

Try putting the value in /etc/openshift/env/http{,s}_proxy .

----- Original Message -----
From: "Shoumeng Yan" <shoumeng yan intel com>
To: "Openshift Dev" <dev lists openshift redhat com>, users lists openshift redhat com
Sent: Monday, November 25, 2013 4:29:58 AM
Subject: http_proxy for gear

I am running openshift origin within my corporate intranet. One of my python app needs to download some dependencies when I git push changes. To have app gears able to download external dependencies, I have to set up proxy for gears.

For openshift release 1, I can set proxy by adding the following two lines to a file named as /usr/libexec/openshift/cartridges/python-2.6/info/hooks/configure on node machine.

create_custom_uservars_var http_proxy " http://proxy: port"

create_custom_uservars_var https_proxy "https://proxy:port";

Now I am switching to the latest openshift, I found there is no such file and function create_custom_uservars_var any more. I want to ask people here where I can set proxy for app gears with the latest openshift origin, before I dive into the code.

Thanks,

Shoumeng