PEP 008 - Possibility of using PuppetLabs Razor?

<http://gazebohub.github.io/docs/arbor/openshift-ref.m.pdf>Good afternoon, <http://openshift.github.io/documentation/openshift-pep-008.html>

If it may serve to provide a brief sense of context: Recently, I've been working on some documentation with regards to OpenShift essentially in trying to build a sort of breadcrumb trail -- in a form of documentation[1] -- to the point of installing a Jetspeed portal on OpenShift Origin. In the current, published draft of the documentation, I've got only so far as to make a sort of SPEM-structured view[1] of the simple process of installing the 'rhc' gem, as documented in existing OpenShift docs -- essentially, collating some refs under a SPEM view of the tooling side of the process. Today, in the interest of setting up some staging for the app distribution model, I've also started working on collating the refs with regards to the OpenShift Origin virtual machine image and specifically, Virtualbox. That newest edition of documentation is available in its DocBook XML source code[2]

To the matter: I was doing a brief Google search, when I found firstly, the Github repository of PuppetLabs' Razor server[3], and then PEP 008[4], titled ' OpenShift Installation Tool '. Though it may seem perhaps too fortuitious, I thought it may be feasible that Razor could be used in regards to the development of that PEP 008.

Razor's architecture is more or less described in the README.md file at [3]. The corresponding Razor client's source code is available at [5] (cf. [6]). There's a Puppet module for the Razor server, also.[7]

Personally, as far what mileage there may be available with PEP 008, myself I suppose I'm only beginning to understand the relevance of Ruby in regards to automation of systems administration tasks, cf. Puppet. (I'm a fan of Common Lisp frankly -- and model driven engineering, latterly -- but considering Ruby's use in Puppet, I think that's a good incentive to learn a new programming language, certainly.) I mean, anyone familiar with the Ruby language certainly ma be able to gain some mileage with Razor + PEP 008 a lot more quickly than myself. Simply, upon having noticed what may be a fortuitious correlation that Razor could be used in regards to PEP 008, in an agile sense I thought it might simply be worth mentioning on the list, as this list is denoted in PEP 008.

So, though I'm not familiar with the PEP process for OpenShift, but if it may be informal enough that one may inquire as so, I would like to inquire as to whether there may be an opportunity to contribute some lines of code about PEP 008? alterantely, if there may be any further design work about it, at present?

If there may even be a seperate GitHub repository available for PEP 008, or any sort of a whiteboard or normal forum for it, maybe Razor itself could become to a nice UML model, and PEP 008 also, and then some glue between the two?

Cheers,

-- Sean

[1] http://gazebohub.github.io/docs/arbor/openshift-ref.m.pdf <http://gazebohub.github.io/docs/arbor/openshift-ref.m.pdf>
[2] https://github.com/GazeboHub/ghub-arbor/tree/master/doc/docbook
[3] https://github.com/puppetlabs/razor-server
[4] http://openshift.github.io/documentation/openshift-pep-008.html <http://openshift.github.io/documentation/openshift-pep-008.html> [5] <http://gazebohub.github.io/docs/arbor/openshift-ref.m.pdf>https://github.com/puppetlabs/razor-el-mk
[6] https://github.com/puppetlabs/Razor
[7] https://github.com/puppetlabs/puppetlabs-razor<http://gazebohub.github.io/docs/arbor/openshift-ref.m.pdf>