Re: Memcached cartridge

One note that's useful to bring up on this list:

  https://github.com/getupcloud/openshift-origin-cartridge-memcached/blob/master/metadata/manifest.yml#L15

Generally, I would recommend not to categorize memcached as a database - there are existing clients (console, rhc) that treat cartridges with the 'database' category as special.  It might be better to use something like "cache" or "cache-server" or "caching" as a category (and then we can add that to redis as well).

  https://github.com/getupcloud/openshift-origin-cartridge-memcached/blob/master/metadata/manifest.yml#L35

We are trying to change this slightly so that environment variables can be generically published, rather than everything having to pretend it's a database in order to expose user/password/url.  Be aware in the future it may be desirable to use the "publish an env variable to the app" type rather than the "publish DB connection info" endpoint.  There's a story to do it, but I can't find it in the runtime board right now.