Re: Any reason why user action hooks have to be +x?

But why?  What possible problem is there from executing those scripts (the point of this thread is to tease that out).  All I know is that this is a problem for real users, and I don't see any value in us having this restriction.  I guess I'd like to see an argument about WHY this is a bad idea to make these specific scripts executable in this particular case, vs. that in general in the linux world scripts don't make other scripts executable.