Re: OpenShift Origin and Puppet (2) on RHEL in EC2?

Try the optional channel, and I assume you already have EPEL.

Did you follow http://openshift.github.io/documentation/oo_deployment_guide_puppet.html#enterprise-prerequisites ? Not completely I'm guessing if you're trying to get puppet from o-o-deps. In any case, puppet labs puppet relied on optional/epel so I'm guessing puppet2 would as well.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Lamourine" <markllama redhat com>
To: "Openshift Dev" <dev lists openshift redhat com>
Sent: Thursday, September 5, 2013 9:30:34 AM
Subject: OpenShift Origin and Puppet (2) on RHEL in EC2?

I'm working on trying to understand and then hopefully improve the Puppet installation stuff on RHEL for Origin and Enterprise.

I've got an EC2 instance running RHEL6.3 and one running RHEL6.4.  I've added the openshift-origin-deps repo and when I try to install the puppet2 from there I get this:

Error: Package: puppet2-2.7.23-1.el6oso.noarch (openshift-origin-deps)
           Requires: ruby(augeas)
Error: Package: puppet2-2.7.23-1.el6oso.noarch (openshift-origin-deps)
           Requires: ruby(shadow)

I have Augeas installed, but I can't find the augeas-ruby or shadow-ruby packages this seems to imply needing.

openshift-origin-deps baseurl=http://mirror.openshift.com/pub/origin-server/nightly/rhel-6/dependencies/x86_64/

Am I looking in the wrong place?

- Mark

--
Mark Lamourine <markllama redhat com>
Sr. Software Developer, Cloud Engineering