Re: Cgroup Templates

It's probably worth asking the question of whether the throttler and booster should be restoring to "previous state" rather than "defaults".  How could we track that, and what other implications are there to that work?

On Sep 24, 2013, at 9:22 PM, Krishna Raman <kraman gmail com> wrote:

Diego. You will probably need to write a service which starts on a reboot and re applies the settings.

On Sep 24, 2013 6:20 PM, "Robert L. Millner" <rmillner redhat com> wrote:
On Tue, 2013-09-24 at 17:58 -0700, Robert L. Millner wrote:
> Hi Diego,
>
> On Tue, 2013-09-24 at 21:42 -0300, Diego Spinola Castro wrote:
> > Hi guys, just wondering if after i change a gear's template via
> > oo-cgroup-template there's a way to keep that gear on that new
> > template?
>
> The cgroup settings should remain untouched in Origin.  Online uses the
> throttle template and reverts back to default when throttle is no longer
> needed.

I'd forgotten the idler.  On unidle, the gear is boosted temporarily and
reverts back to the default setting rather than its previous values.
You can add the gear UUID to /etc/openshift/node/idler_ignorelist.conf
and autoidler will ignore it.

Also, the cgroups configuration resets to defaults on reboot.

    Cheers,
    Rob