Re: Isolated broker components under docker containers

Hi Mateus,
Have you seen the Dockerfile for the origin-server broker https://github.com/openshift/origin-server/blob/master/Dockerfile

That example builds a docker image for the broker from source, you can do something similar for the web console.

The other alternative if you dont want to build from source, and what we do for online, is to have the Dockerfile yum install the rpms.

When we docker run from the image we mount several directories from the host (log dir and various config dirs):
-v /var/www/openshift/broker/httpd:/var/www/openshift/broker/httpd:rw -v /var/log/openshift/broker:/var/log/openshift/broker:rw -v /etc/openshift:/etc/openshift:rw -v /opt/rh/ruby193/root/etc/mcollective:/opt/rh/ruby193/root/etc/mcollective -v /dev/log:/dev/log

Make sure your config files aren't referencing localhost since the different containers wont see each other on localhost.

I don't remember us hitting any kernel/selinux issues so not sure what particular problems you may be having.