Re: How to do Mongo Auth ?

Hi Kavita--
I can see that you were having a discussion about this with Brenton last week:

https://lists.openshift.redhat.com/openshift-archives/dev/2014-December/msg00012.html

So it seems like you may need some guidance on what the mongo auth config file should contain.

Here's an example of the file:
https://github.com/openshift/origin-server/blob/master/plugins/auth/mongo/conf/openshift-origin-auth-mongo.conf.example

In your MongoDB system located at MONGO_HOST_PORT, you need to tell us which mongo user to log in as (MONGO_USER, MONGO_PASSWORD) and then which specific database you want OpenShift to use for auth records (MONGO_DB).

You can test that your setup is correct by trying to manually run the following from your broker:

mongo <MONGO_HOST_PORT> -u <MONGO_USER> -p <MONGO_PASSWORD>

Assuming you are able to connect, verify the datastore with:

db.<MONGO_DB>.find()

The openshift-origin-auth-mongo.conf file that you create should live at /var/www/httpd/conf.d/ and there should be no other auth conf files there.

You can see more info in the docs here:

http://www.openshift.org/documentation/oo_deployment_guide_comprehensive.html#configure-an-authentication-plugin

Hope this helps!