Infinispan with HotRod

Hi,

I have a Use case where I am using Infinispan as a remote Server mode with HotRod , where The Infinsiapn will be hosted in one application gear and should be accessible to application hosted in other gears.

For testing this use case ,I created a application and added infinispan as downloadable cartridge from http://cartreflect-claytondev.rhcloud.com/reflect?github=lunafromthemoon/openshift-origin-cartridge-infinispan

When I ssh and check for the variables required to configure in my test application hosted in a separate gear to connect to the hosted remote Infinispan server, these are the variables I came across:

OPENSHIFT_INFINISPAN_CLUSTER

OPENSHIFT_INFINISPAN_CLUSTER_PORT

OPENSHIFT_INFINISPAN_CONFIG_DIR

OPENSHIFT_INFINISPAN_DIR

OPENSHIFT_INFINISPAN_IDENT

OPENSHIFT_INFINISPAN_IP

OPENSHIFT_INFINISPAN_LOG_DIR

OPENSHIFT_INFINISPAN_TCP_PORT

OPENSHIFT_INFINISPAN_VERSION

When I run the application in the same gear where Infinispan resides using highlighted variables, it works as expected but with Test application hosted in separate gear it gives following error

org.infinispan.client.hotrod.exceptions.TransportException:: Could not connect to server: /127.-.--8.130:5445

To run the application in same gear I followed steps from: https://github.com/lunafromthemoon/openshift-infinispan-hotrod-quickstart

Moreover I am not able to add the same cartridge in scaled application, it doesn’t show any Infinispan variables after adding in Scaled application.

Is this a  current limitation or an issue?

Or is there any other way to achieve this use case ?

Waiting for your response….

Thanks & Regards,

Priyanka Gupta

This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise confidential information. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original. Any other use of the e-mail by you is prohibited. Where allowed by local law, electronic communications with Accenture and its affiliates, including e-mail and instant messaging (including content), may be scanned by our systems for the purposes of information security and assessment of internal compliance with Accenture policy. .

www.accenture.com