Re: Infinispan as Remote server mode with HotRod

Are you looking in the infinispan gear or your web framework gear?   The env variables will only appear in the infinispan gear.

Here is how I deployed the infinispan cartridge you referenced and confirmed the presence of the environment variables:

1) create app
rhc app create inf jbossews-2 http://cartreflect-claytondev.rhcloud.com/reflect?github=lunafromthemoon/openshift-origin-cartridge-infinispan -s

2) ssh into the infinispan gear (important, this is the infinispan gear and not the main gear.  You can list all the gears via "rhc app show appname --gears)

ssh  5-----------e 5-----------e-bparees rhcloud com

3) display environment variables
[5-----------e-bparees.rhcloud.com 5-----------e]\> env | grep INF | grep PROXY
OPENSHIFT_INFINISPAN_TCP_PROXY_PORT=43197
OPENSHIFT_INFINISPAN_CLUSTER_PROXY_PORT=43196

Note that if the infinispan cartridge in question published its environment variables, they would also appears in the jbossews gear (or whatever other cartridge you use for a web framework) since those subscribe to environment publications (see the mysql cartridge for an example of a cartridge that publishes environment variables to other cartridges)

Ben Parees | OpenShift