Re: When is build step invoked in own downloaded cartridge creation process

it won't be invoked during app/cartridge create(install).  you'd have to actually push a change to your application before the build step will be invoked.

If you want it to occur during install, you could always explicitly call it from the install script.

Ben Parees | OpenShift