Re: Please review: updated Contributor's Guide

Hey Sam--

On Feb 20, 2014, at 12:38, Sam Huang <samhuang91 gmail com> wrote:

> Hi Harrison,
>
> Good job adding links to the Feature Backlog and Bugzilla Records! One thing I noticed is that bootcamp_3_fork.jpg doesn't link correctly under section 1.3.2 so just issued a pull request here (id 4801).

Good catch! I'll follow up with you on GitHub about the PR; thanks for taking the time to put one together.

> Also, how do I validate the code that I commit to origin_server? I recall that it involved pushing my committed code to the openshift-bot, but I don't know the precise steps for such an operation.

As I mentioned in my followup to Ben's comments, I really need to add a section for our Vagrant-based development environment. You are right in that there is an automated test process that is triggered when someone adds a [merge] comment to a pull request against the origin-server repo. However, it is a lot faster to be able to run the tests in a local environment before you submit the PR. That's where the Vagrant system comes in very handy.

I'll work up that section and send out a note when it is ready for review.