[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]

Re: Not sure which script is broken



Gotcha, thanks.  All I know is that using the comma syntax, I’m flying blind with no admin-console, or some of the oo-scripts.

On Feb 26, 2014, at 11:43 AM, Luke Meyer <lmeyer redhat com> wrote:

> The admin console plugin is intended to be in used in conjunction with the broker, so it does not list all the transitive dependencies from the broker.
> 
> The older method is not "incorrect". It is more direct, skirting mongoid in the interest of speed. There are a few corners where this matters (when doing full-DB scans, basically).
> 
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Bruce Lysik" <blysik yahoo com>
> To: "Michael Turner" <jmt apple com>
> Cc: "Luke Meyer" <lmeyer redhat com>, dev lists openshift redhat com
> Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2014 2:37:16 PM
> Subject: Re: Not sure which script is broken
> 
> admin-console app gemspec file doesn’t have mongoid.  So it’s using the older, incorrect method of connecting to MongoDB.
> 
> On Feb 26, 2014, at 9:53 AM, Michael Turner <jmt apple com> wrote:
> 
>> Also appears that the admin console doesn't like the "," .. it functions with " " syntax.
>> 
>> I'll file a bug against that one, too.
>> 
>> Michael Turner
>> 
>> On Feb 26, 2014, at 9:45 AM, Michael Turner <jmt apple com> wrote:
>> 
>>> Thanks, Luke, that's exactly what I needed.
>>> 
>>> The broker.conf in question came from here:
>>> 
>>> https://github.com/openshift/puppet-openshift_origin/blob/master/templates/broker/broker.conf.erb
>>> 
>>> I'll see if a bug exists against oo-stats and file one if not.  I'll also file one against the puppet module to update that comment line.
>>> 
>>> Michael Turner
>>> 
>>> On Feb 25, 2014, at 10:02 AM, Luke Meyer <lmeyer redhat com> wrote:
>>> 
>>>> Prior to the model refactor to use mongoid (about a year ago), the space-separated format was used. I guess mongoid required the comma-separated format. Most utilities just use what Rails uses (mongoid) but there are a few that use the old ruby mongo client for more direct access, and oo-stats is one of those.
>>>> 
>>>> The correct format now is comma-separated. Not sure where you would have gotten a broker.conf that indicates otherwise. If you use the other format, what happens is that it attempts to split on " ", gets one entry back, splits that on ":", and then casts the second part to an int, which basically just ignores everything after the first port number and assumes a single mongo server. Since a connection to a replica set really requires a separate code path in the connector, this will cause problems. Use the comma separation.
>>>> 
>>>> ----- Original Message -----
>>>> From: "Michael Turner" <jmt apple com>
>>>> To: dev lists openshift redhat com
>>>> Sent: Monday, February 24, 2014 7:47:10 PM
>>>> Subject: Not sure which script is broken
>>>> 
>>>> Hi there,
>>>> 
>>>> I ran into this issue today and I'm not sure which script to file a bug against.  In this bug, oo-accept-broker was changed to deal with replica sets in the conf line:
>>>> 
>>>> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=959164
>>>> 
>>>> so in broker.conf this line's syntax should be right
>>>> 
>>>> MONGO_HOST_PORT="datastore.example.com:27017,datastore2.example.com:27017"
>>>> 
>>>> Looking at the code for oo-accept-broker, it's splitting on "," and then on ":".  Somewhere (the puppet module, i'm pretty sure, but i haven't validated) i picked up a broker.conf that has this syntax as an example instead
>>>> 
>>>> # Replica set example: "<host-1>:<port-1> <host-2>:<port-2> ..."
>>>> 
>>>> i was looking at oo-stats, and it was punting on the "," syntax, but oo-accept-broker works with ",".  If i change it to " " instead of ",", oo-accept-broker breaks, but oo-stats (as well as the broker application, apparently) work.
>>>> 
>>>> Looking at broker.conf on github, it seems like the comma-separated string is the correct one at this point.  Does that imply that the broker and oo-accept-broker are behaving correctly, and oo-stats is behaving incorrectly?  I haven't traced through the code in oo-stats successfully yet to see what method it's using to parse that value.
>>>> 
>>>> Or am I not actually getting replica-set behavior from my broker?  I haven't tested shutting off my #1 mongo node to see if things still work.  I should probably do that.
>>>> 
>>>> Thanks in advance for any guidance you can offer.
>>>> 
>>>> Michael Turner
>>>> 
>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>> dev mailing list
>>>> dev lists openshift redhat com
>>>> http://lists.openshift.redhat.com/openshiftmm/listinfo/dev
>>> 
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> dev mailing list
>>> dev lists openshift redhat com
>>> http://lists.openshift.redhat.com/openshiftmm/listinfo/dev
>> 
>> _______________________________________________
>> dev mailing list
>> dev lists openshift redhat com
>> http://lists.openshift.redhat.com/openshiftmm/listinfo/dev
> 



[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]