Cloning Openshift Nodes

Hey everyone

My idea is to 'clone' an Openshift Node, that is, start a new instance based on the data from another node. Similar to what the documentation suggests for recovering a failed node.
http://openshift.github.io/documentation/oo_troubleshooting_guide.html#recovering-failed-nodes
Just start a new one instead with the exact duplicate of the /var/lib/openshift and the users and security settings recreated.
I tried that out and I get a problem with the apache reverse proxy, the redirection module tries to redirect always to the getting-started page (getting_started.html) and the result is always 'unavailable'.
I am trying to find out what happens with the the configuration for httpd (which is symlinked from /var/lib/openshift/.httpd). Why does httpd not work properly?
I appreciate any insight and all suggestions.

Thanks
Liaabi