Re: Quickstart "API"

----- Original Message -----

> >> Is this just on openshift online you are concerned about this or also
> >> for enterprise ?
> >
> > Online - enterprise only has a single list.
>
> And which list is that ? the promoted one or the full one ?
>
> I assume just the full one ?

In Online the SEARCH_QUICKSTARTS link is exposed (which is what you would consider the full list in Online) and LIST_QUICKSTARTS is promoted.  In Enterprise, LIST_QUICKSTARTS points to quickstarts.json

> >> Would it help if our QS UI would have a checkbox called "Show only
> >> promoted quick starts" which would be on by default for first time
> >> users ?
> >>
> >> Then users will need to explicitly say "show me all, not just the
> >> promoted ones".
> >
> > As long as it's not the default we should be fine
>
> Okey - so just to avoid having to give online special treatment I
> suggest:
>
> We query for promoted - if there is a response we will show that by
> default.
> If not (or user asked to show all) we will show the full list ?

You should be using the link relation - if the LIST_QUICKSTARTS link relation is present, you should show it.  You can optionally show SEARCH_QUICKSTARTS if it's available (perhaps as "Show all quick starts").

> btw. can I see in the full list which are promoted anyway ? because if
> that is the
> case we could just always get the full list cache it and just filter
> out/highlight
> the promoted ones ?

I would really recommend treating the link relations as the things to show - LIST_QUICKSTARTS is preferred, and SEARCH_QUICKSTARTS is option as extended visuals.