Re: Using a custom git template without customizing the cart

Putting anything in the manifest is still a custom cart... have to fork it and maintain that.

I think some conf at the broker that supplies a default --from-code URL would suffice. That way the template could either be centrally managed in an external repo, or installed on all the nodes (possibly with variations) at file:///...

----- Original Message -----
From: "Clayton Coleman" <ccoleman redhat com>
To: "Luke Meyer" <lmeyer redhat com>
Cc: "Openshift Dev" <dev lists openshift redhat com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 21, 2014 10:57:37 AM
Subject: Re: Using a custom git template without customizing the cart

No way to do it with --from-code.

I think ideally we'd support a git template URL in the manifest, instead of requiring it be in the cart, which is something we've discussed for Docker.  That would be a cleaner override path (wouldn't need the same git repo on all your nodes).  We could in theory support it in the broker as a config file option, and then the lookup would need to go into ApplicationsController#create if the value the user passed was null.