Re: Using a custom git template without customizing the cart

FIY, there is this project to build a OpenShift Cartridge/Quickstart Index: github.com/openshift/oo-index
It still in the early steps. Participants are very welcome.

It aims to create an index from community developed quickstarts/carts, but is not limited to it. Anyone should be able to install it locally (i.e. OO enterprise) and build it's own index.

Mateus Caruccio
Master of Puppets
+55 (51) 8298.0026
gtalk: mateus caruccio getupcloud com
twitter: @MateusCaruccio

This message and any attachment are solely for the intended
recipient and may contain confidential or privileged information
and it can not be forwarded or shared without permission.
Thank you!

On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 3:14 PM, Clayton Coleman <ccoleman redhat com> wrote:

> On Jan 21, 2014, at 12:02 PM, Luke Meyer <lmeyer redhat com> wrote:
>
> Putting anything in the manifest is still a custom cart... have to fork it and maintain that.
>
> I think some conf at the broker that supplies a default --from-code URL would suffice. That way the template could either be centrally managed in an external repo, or installed on all the nodes (possibly with variations) at file:///...

We disallow file:// urls for security reasons.  I think we might want to keep that restriction for various reasons.  Organizations using git can host those elsewhere if necessary, or in an app.