query regarding oo-index

Hi,

I want to know more about the new feature introduced by Redhat as oo-index.

As I understand it is a node.js application which creates new cartridge in index . For that we need to add entries in the defined format in quickstart.json file.

I have followed the steps from the github link:

https://github.com/openshift/oo-index

but not able to understand how it works and why pull request is required.

Please guide me for the same. It will be really helpful to understand the feature.

Thanks & Regards,

Priyanka Gupta

This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise confidential information. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original. Any other use of the e-mail by you is prohibited. Where allowed by local law, electronic communications with Accenture and its affiliates, including e-mail and instant messaging (including content), may be scanned by our systems for the purposes of information security and assessment of internal compliance with Accenture policy. .

www.accenture.com