RE: oo-install re: disconnected mode?

> Subject: Re: oo-install re: disconnected mode?
> From: nhr redhat com
> Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 14:43:08 -0500
> CC: dev lists openshift redhat com
> To: michael mcconachie hotmail com
>
> Hey there--
>
> On Jan 28, 2014, at 14:39 , The Dude <michael mcconachie hotmail com> wrote:
>
>> Hi List,
>>
>> I have an environment that is disconnected from the internet. I need to install OSO.
>>
>> So I:
>>
>> -stood up openshift-origin, puppetlabs, fedora, and fedora-updates YUM repos internally. They all work as expected, and I can install from them.
>> -stood up a clone of the 'puppet-openshift_origin' git repo, and was able to clone into '/etc/puppet/modules/openshift_origin'
>> -have a broker, and a few nodes installed, updated, and configured (ready to install OSO via oo-install).
>> -oo-install portable installer is on the broker, and works as expected.
>>
>> I wanted to ask if anyone knows of a way to tell oo-installer to **NOT** try to clone into the www facing puppet repos, and to use the local one instead. As a workaround for the yum stuff, I told it to use 'none' to allow them to be resolved locally (I have the repos already setup.) per the oo-install docs.
>>
>> The issue is, that it appears the installer is trying to execute 'puppet module {list,update,install}' commands, and it's also reaching out to 'https://forge.puppetlabs.com' for some bits. I dug into the originator.rb file, and hacked at it but it made no difference. Anyone have any ideas?
>
> Your timing is good :-) I am working on some fixes around the puppet module today. I can add a flag to oo-install that tells originator.rb to skip the puppet checks and assume that the module is already in place.

Howdy H --

Aah, this is fantastic news. Glad to hear it. Thanks for the update.

PS: the only other noteworthy item is that I'm saw the unknown function error for 'ensure_resource'.  Changing it to 'ensure' didn't help either.
PSS: from what I could tell, my error was for basic_auth, and had nothing to do with the kerberos.pp mentioned in the last 24 hours.

-- M