Re: oo-install re: disconnected mode?

On 28/01/14 20:01 +0000, The Dude wrote:
Subject: Re: oo-install re: disconnected mode?
From: nhr redhat com
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 14:43:08 -0500
CC: dev lists openshift redhat com
To: michael mcconachie hotmail com

Hey there--

On Jan 28, 2014, at 14:39 , The Dude <michael mcconachie hotmail com> wrote:

Hi List,

I have an environment that is disconnected from the internet. I need to install OSO.

So I:

-stood up openshift-origin, puppetlabs, fedora, and fedora-updates YUM repos internally. They all work as expected, and I can install from them.
-stood up a clone of the 'puppet-openshift_origin' git repo, and was able to clone into '/etc/puppet/modules/openshift_origin'
-have a broker, and a few nodes installed, updated, and configured (ready to install OSO via oo-install).
-oo-install portable installer is on the broker, and works as expected.

I wanted to ask if anyone knows of a way to tell oo-installer to **NOT** try to clone into the www facing puppet repos, and to use the local one instead. As a workaround for the yum stuff, I told it to use 'none' to allow them to be resolved locally (I have the repos already setup.) per the oo-install docs.

The issue is, that it appears the installer is trying to execute 'puppet module {list,update,install}' commands, and it's also reaching out to 'https://forge.puppetlabs.com' for some bits. I dug into the originator.rb file, and hacked at it but it made no difference. Anyone have any ideas?

Your timing is good :-) I am working on some fixes around the puppet module today. I can add a flag to oo-install that tells originator.rb to skip the puppet checks and assume that the module is already in place.

Howdy H --

Aah, this is fantastic news. Glad to hear it. Thanks for the update.

PS: the only other noteworthy item is that I'm saw the unknown function error for 'ensure_resource'.  Changing it to 'ensure' didn't help either.

It sounds like you are missing the puppetlabs/stdlib module (which
defines ensure_resource).

The puppet-openshift_origin module also has a dependency on the
puppetlabs/ntp module.

--
Jason DeTiberus

PSS: from what I could tell, my error was for basic_auth, and had nothing to do with the kerberos.pp mentioned in the last 24 hours.

-- M

Thanks for your time team,

Michael J. McConachie

NOTE: The information included and/or attached in this electronic mail transmission may contain confidential or privileged information and is intended solely for the addressee(s). Any unauthorized disclosure, reproduction, distribution or the taking of action in reliance on the contents of the information are strictly prohibited. If you have received the message in error, please notify the sender by reply transmission and delete the message without copying, disclosing or forwarding.