Re: querying non-existing cartridge is not erroring?

If Jenkins is going to use this to set up a builder for a specific app, should it get the app's version of the cartridge at /application/<appid>/cartridges/<cartridgeid>?

On 01/29/2014 11:48 AM, Clayton Coleman wrote:
My changes to cartridges are going to stomp all over this assumption.  Going to have to give you a fix in card #193 that makes this work.

However from an API perspective we should be using /cartridge/:name and we should allow you to fetch an inactive (obsolete is changing) cartridge by name (there may be hundreds of older versions).

On Jan 29, 2014, at 11:42 AM, Ben Parees <bparees redhat com> wrote:

This PR is to address the problem that jenkins can't currently get obsolete cartridges for purposes of creating a builder in the case where an existing app is running on a cartridge that is now obsolete.

Ben Parees | OpenShift

----- Original Message -----
From: "André Dietisheim" <adietish redhat com>
To: "Clayton Coleman" <ccoleman redhat com>
Cc: dev lists openshift redhat com
Sent: Wednesday, January 29, 2014 11:06:39 AM
Subject: Re: querying non-existing cartridge is not erroring?

On 01/29/2014 05:03 PM, Clayton Coleman wrote:
Let me answer with a question - what do you need the data for obsolete
cartridges for?  If it's for apps that already have that cart I would
recommend using the app cartridges list.
I have no clue about the value of deprecated cartridges. I got a PR on
the openshift-java-client where I was told that the reasoning for it was
to be able to query deprecated cartridges that would not show up in the
list of available cartridges:
https://github.com/openshift/openshift-java-client/pull/109

If I misunderstood the reasoning then I'd love to know what the reason
for adding this is?
The client lib tries to avoid unnecessary queries and caches the list of
available cartridges. If this PR is only about getting a cartridge by
name then I'd change the suggested change to query the cached list
instead of querying the backend.

On Jan 29, 2014, at 10:43 AM, André Dietisheim <adietish redhat com>