query a specific cartridge by id (was: Re: querying non-existing cartridge is not erroring?)

Hi Claytong, hi Lili

I'm trying to understand things here. so

1) If I get it right :name is a variable that should get subsituted in the url (href in the REST response). I was wondering why we'd do url building here, I was assuming that links in REST responses should always be used as and point to REST resources and and thus url-building was a bad thing in REST. What am I missing?

2) providing "name" via url-parameter is equivalent to appending name in the url? My current guess is that they are not since I found the following href in the API resource: "https://openshift.redhat.com/broker/rest/domain/:domain_name/application/:name";
which seems to impose var substitution, right?
I also see ?id= and /:id not being equivalent in the following scenarios:
* GET'ing /cartridge/:id with an invalid id (ex. bogus) returns an empty response, if I read you right /cartridge/:id will return 404 once your patch is merged, right? * GET'ing /cartridge/zend returns a single resource, the earlier zend-5.6, zend-6.1 is not returned. GET'ing /cartridge?id=zend returns both zend cartridges. So this looks like var substitution is a thing we'll have to suppport in the client, right?

3) Do you have some doc that explains the "standard query string interpolation API syntax" you're referring to? Or please point me to some (ruby?) code that helps me get the rules?