From: N. Harrison Ripps [mailto:hripps redhat com]
Sent: Friday, January 31, 2014 9:14 PM
To: Madathilthattantav, S.
Cc: dev lists openshift redhat com
Subject: Re: Quesry on oo-install script

Hi Shabna--

On Jan 31, 2014, at 1:58 , s madathilthattantav accenture com wrote:

> Hi
>
> I faced an issue while trying to add a new node using oo-install
> script
>
> Currently I have a single Broker and Node1.For certain reason I had to
> stop Node 1 and I am trying to add new node to the Broker using  the
> script
>
> But I see that the script still tries to contact Node 1 (which is stopped and hence does not respond) and fails.Is 'nt this strange  ?
> Am I doing something wrong or does the script not support this.
>

> This is how it was done  : I guess the check marked in red is causing the issue!Please share some pointers on the same.
>
> Option 4 was chosen and all configuration done
>
> Choose from the following deployment configuration options:
> 1. Change the DNS configuration
> 2. Move an OpenShift role to a different host 3. Modify the
> information for an existing host 4. Add another Node host
>
> Then it finally asks  : I chose 2 (My node 1 instance is stopped)
>
> From your list of Nodes, which instance would you like to deploy?:
> 1. node1.example.com (Node)
> 2. node2. example.com (Node)
> ?  2

This listing tells me that the first node is still part of the "deployment configuration", which is how oo-install knows which hosts are part of your OpenShift setup. oo-install tests the reachability of all of the hosts that it knows about, which is where you are running into trouble.

If you rerun oo-install and select task #4 (add a node) again, note that oo-install will show you a summary of your full deployment and ask you if you want to make any changes. Answer 'yes' to that and you will have the opportunity to remove node1 from your configuration.

Alternately, have a look at ~/.openshift/oo-install-cfg.yml and edit the file directly; you can either remove the entire host entry for node1.example.com or if node1 is serving multiple roles, you can just remove 'node' from that host's roles list.