RE: oo-install: testers wanted

> Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 16:35:59 -0400
> From: jdetiber redhat com
> To: michael mcconachie hotmail com
> CC: hripps redhat com; dev lists openshift redhat com
> Subject: Re: oo-install: testers wanted
>
> On 25/06/14 20:17 +0000, The Dude wrote:
> > > Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 10:01:10 -0400
> > > From: jdetiber redhat com
> > > To: michael mcconachie hotmail com
> > > CC: hripps redhat com; dev lists openshift redhat com
> > > Subject: Re: oo-install: testers wanted

> > oo-install.
> > ruby193,
> > the

> > causing

> > after
> > is
> > then do
> > or
>
> > > Could you share the full stacktrace from
> > > /var/log/openshift/console/httpd/error_log? At first glance I wonder
> > if
> > > it is related to the changes with using rhscl 1.1.
> > Jason, thanks for the response.
> > Here you go: [1]http://fpaste.org/113236/
> > MM
>
> If I'm reading that correctly, it looks like it cannot locate the
> bundler gem. Here's a few things I can think of to check:
>
> 1) verify ruby193-rubygem-bundler is indeed installed
> 2) verify that the /var/lib/openshift/broker/Gemfile.lock is updated
> with service openshift-broker restart
> 3) check for selinux denials in audit log

Jason, thanks for the pointers.  I saw this in my drafts folder just now, and apparently I never sent it last week.  I lost the VM since then, but I'll rebuild it and run more tests to see if any of the conditions still apply.  None the less, this has a few answers below.  Not necessarily for action, but for easy searching later.

  •  Package ruby193-rubygem-bundler-1.1.4-3.el6.noarch already installed and latest version
  • (I restarted openshift-broker)
    •  Gemfile.lock doesn't exist:
    • ls -alhs /var/lib/openshift/broker/Gemfile.lock
      • ls: cannot access /var/lib/openshift/broker/Gemfile.lock: No such file or directory
  • I found some AVC's
    • type=AVC msg=audit(1403583874.206:12): avc:  denied  { write } for  pid=1235 comm="login" name="log" dev=dm-0 ino=260877 scontext=system_u:system_r:local_login_t:s0-s0:c0.c1023 tcontext=system_u:object_r:var_log_t:s0 tclass=dir
      • So I generated and applied a policy package to fix them.
      • Still didn't work, so I set SELinux to permissive and restarted all services.  No dice.>
-Mike