Re: oo-install: testers wanted

On 01/07/14 03:27 +0000, The Dude wrote:
  > Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 16:35:59 -0400
  > From: jdetiber redhat com
  > To: michael mcconachie hotmail com
  > CC: hripps redhat com; dev lists openshift redhat com
  > Subject: Re: oo-install: testers wanted

  > On 25/06/14 20:17 +0000, The Dude wrote:
  > > > Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 10:01:10 -0400
  > > > From: jdetiber redhat com
  > > > To: michael mcconachie hotmail com
  > > > CC: hripps redhat com; dev lists openshift redhat com
  > > > Subject: Re: oo-install: testers wanted

  > > oo-install.
  > > ruby193,
  > > the

  > > causing

  > > after
  > > is
  > > then do
  > > or

  > > > Could you share the full stacktrace from
  > > > /var/log/openshift/console/httpd/error_log? At first glance I
  wonder
  > > if
  > > > it is related to the changes with using rhscl 1.1.
  > > Jason, thanks for the response.
  > > Here you go: [1]http://fpaste.org/113236/
  > > MM

  > If I'm reading that correctly, it looks like it cannot locate the
  > bundler gem. Here's a few things I can think of to check:

  > 1) verify ruby193-rubygem-bundler is indeed installed
  > 2) verify that the /var/lib/openshift/broker/Gemfile.lock is updated
  > with service openshift-broker restart
  > 3) check for selinux denials in audit log
  Jason, thanks for the pointers.  I saw this in my drafts folder just
  now, and apparently I never sent it last week.  I lost the VM since
  then, but I'll rebuild it and run more tests to see if any of the
  conditions still apply.  None the less, this has a few answers below.
  Not necessarily for action, but for easy searching later.
    *  Package ruby193-rubygem-bundler-1.1.4-3.el6.noarch already
      installed and latest version
    * (I restarted openshift-broker)

    *  Gemfile.lock doesn't exist:
    * ls -alhs /var/lib/openshift/broker/Gemfile.lock

    * ls: cannot access /var/lib/openshift/broker/Gemfile.lock: No such
      file or directory

Doh, that should have been /var/www/openshift/broker/Gemfile.lock

    I found some AVC's
    * type=AVC msg=audit(1403583874.206:12): avc:  denied  { write } for
      pid=1235 comm="login" name="log" dev=dm-0 ino=260877
      scontext=system_u:system_r:local_login_t:s0-s0:c0.c1023
      tcontext=system_u:object_r:var_log_t:s0 tclass=dir

    * So I generated and applied a policy package to fix them.
    * Still didn't work, so I set SELinux to permissive and restarted all
      services.  No dice.>

I don't suspect this is the issue, this seems to be related to the local
login and not any of the openshift services.  It is possible that the
AVC denial may not be logged.
Can you verify the SELinux config specified in the Comprehensive
deployment guide? http://openshift.github.io/documentation/oo_deployment_guide_comprehensive.html#configure-selinux

I suspect that an update to the passenger gem may have modified the
file contexts.

The httpd_run_stickshift boolean and the fixfiles commands for
ruby193-rubygem-* as well as the restorecon on /opt are the likely
culprits.

--
Jason

  [1]http://s412.photobucket.com/user/mikeSGman/media/OpenShift%20Stuff/E