Re: mcollective restart required to add cartridge

Luke,

We attempted in the beginning to make this work without a restart and had to resort to the restart as there were a number of issues with the MCO agent which led to the restart being the most consistent method of refreshing the in-memory index into the cartridge repository and copying the cartridges from their rpm home to the cartridge repository cache. The mco flag is an artifact of some of that work.

There was a trello card to a reload a "stale" cartridge repository, I no longer see it on the node boards.

No one has researched whether any of the issues were addressed with MCO 2.4.

/jwh