Re: Building openshift rpms from source without vagrant?

Hey all--
Right now the nightly RPMs for Origin are being built using Vagrant. So, even if you don't want to use Vagrant, you can look there to see how it is being done. Specifically, have a look at the Rakefile that Vagrant places on the build VM:

https://github.com/openshift/vagrant-openshift/blob/master/lib/vagrant-openshift/templates/builder/Rakefile#L57

It is iterating through the sources, using the Ruby RPM gem to build each according to the spec file.

Regarding the documentation: I need any help that I can get keeping the docs up to date. Once v4 is officially cut I will be turning my focus to some pretty exciting changes to our doc system, but that won't magically simplify the task of keeping the docs current. So, if you see a problem with the docs, I encourage you to submit a pull request against the source. All of the doc sources live at:

https://github.com/openshift/origin-server/tree/master/documentation

Cheers,
Harrison