Re: Building openshift rpms from source without vagrant?

On Sun, Jul 6, 2014 at 2:32 AM, The Dude <michael mcconachie hotmail com> wrote:

> On 7/5/14, 8:11 AM, N. Harrison Ripps wrote:
>
> Hey all--
> Right now the nightly RPMs for Origin are being built using Vagrant. So,
> even if you don't want to use Vagrant, you can look there to see how it is
> being done. Specifically, have a look at the Rakefile that Vagrant places on
> the build VM:
>
> https://github.com/openshift/vagrant-openshift/blob/master/lib/vagrant-openshift/templates/builder/Rakefile#L57
>
> It is iterating through the sources, using the Ruby RPM gem to build each
> according to the spec file.
>
> Regarding the documentation: I need any help that I can get keeping the docs
> up to date. Once v4 is officially cut I will be turning my focus to some
> pretty exciting changes to our doc system, but that won't magically simplify
> the task of keeping the docs current. So, if you see a problem with the
> docs, I encourage you to submit a pull request against the source. All of
> the doc sources live at:

Hi Harrison,

Thanks for coming to the rescue, again!

I was following that for a while, I'm still trying to understand how
the pieces come together. If I understand correctly, the vagrant box
will pull the source, use tito to build the SRPMs and then tito+mock
to build the RPMs?

> https://github.com/openshift/origin-server/tree/master/documentation
>
> Cheers,
> Harrison
>
> Harrison,
>
> This is great info.  I'll be glad to do up a PR against the docs for the
> purposes of building RPMs outside of using Vagrant (once I get it tested,
> and automated - Not a ruby guy).
>
> Have a good weekend.
>
> Mike
>
> On Jul 4, 2014, at 23:36, The Dude <michael mcconachie hotmail com> wrote:
>
> Andrew,
>
> Never-mind... that doesn't work either. "./build/devenv" doesn't exist
> anymore.
>
> https://github.com/openshift/origin-dev-tools/blob/master/build/devenv

Hey Mike,

Jumping back to an earlier branch (I think 39~), the devenv file is
still around. It seems to setup a few prereqs, then use tito, but I'm
not quite able to get it going fully anymore. Many rpm-prereqs
missing..