v3 to v4 migration

Hey Marian--

On Jul 14, 2014, at 8:51, Marian Ignev <m ignev gmail com> wrote:

> Hi Guys,
> I have more than 50 users with 200+ apps and 70+ namespaces and so on.
>
> Any advices which will be the easiest way to migrate the database from v3?

Questions about how to migrate from v3 to v4 have come up often on the list. There are no direct upgrade utilities for Origin, though there are community members who have been working on in-place solutions for their specific deployments.

I've been advocating for a better snapshot utility over a migration tool, but obviously this isn't going to be the best approach for everyone. I've moved this discussion to its own thread for anyone who wants to chime in with their ideas.

--Harrison