Sanity check: normalizing user logins

We need a way to enable an OpenShift administrator to normalize user logins. This has several uses, the most prominent being making logins case-insensitive.

Since logins may originate from sources that bypass the REST API, the simplest solution seems to me to do this in the CloudUser model object:
https://github.com/sosiouxme/origin-server/commit/46ceaaa06b18525b09873d405c752ac15a4f3d8f (note, completely untested)

Am I on the right track here, or am I missing something stupid? Suggestions?