Re: Cannot Create NodeJS Cartridges :: SCL Error

Is the proper way to install the RPM fromĀ https://www.softwarecollections.org/en/scls/rhscl/v8314/epel-6-x86_64/download/rhscl-v8314-epel-6-x86_64-1-2.noarch.rpm ?

I'm not able to find it with yum.

On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 12:14 PM, N. Harrison Ripps <hripps redhat com> wrote:
Hey Kevin--
Thanks for bringing this to the dev list.

On Jul 21, 2014, at 11:51, Kevin Conaway <kevin conaway gmail com> wrote:

> Reposting this from Github (https://github.com/openshift/origin-server/issues/5629#issuecomment-49481422) per Miciah
>
> I installed the v4 OpenShift origin image (https://mirror.openshift.com/pub/origin-server/release/4/images/openshift-origin.tgz).
>
> When creating a new NodeJS app, I receive the following error from the server:
>
> Unable to open /etc/scl/prefixes/v8314!
>
> It looks like the v8314-runtime package is missing from the image.

At first glance I would guess that this dependency needs to be added to our Node.JS cartridge RPM spec[^1], because if it is missing in the VM then it is probably missing in general.

I'll track this down; in the meantime are you able to add the package to solve the dependency problem?

Thanks again,
Harrison

[^1]: https://github.com/openshift/origin-server/blob/master/cartridges/openshift-origin-cartridge-nodejs/openshift-origin-cartridge-nodejs.spec#L23-L42