Re: Network Issues with v4 image

On Jul 21, 2014, at 16:33, Kevin Conaway <kevin conaway gmail com> wrote:

> This is what I'm doing.  I add the .vbox machine to VirtualBox and start it up without editing anything. Only one adapter gets configured.

I had a theory about this: the virtual bridged network adapter gets bound to a real network interface on the host system by the name of the network interface.

Since the interface was bound to 'en0' on my dev machine, I figured that opening it on a different machine with different network interface names would yield the same results as you are experiencing.

But, inextricably, VirtualBox seems to have sorted this out and correctly remapped the Bridged adapter to an available physical interface.

So I'm not sure why this extra adapter is not successfully remapping for you, unless VirtualBox's ability to do this dynamic remapping is limited in a way that is non-obvious.

In any case, that's why I left the manual instructions in the VM deployment guide; hopefully they are working for you!