What for do we need "Cart-Data" in manifest.yml

Hi!

There is a "Cart-Data" section in manifest.yml and I performed a try to find out where is this data used. I found no explanation in documentations as well as I was not able to find what it is used for in source code.

However I can see that this section exists in embedded cartridges. Can anyone explain what is it needed for, please?

Thanks,
Anthony