Re: What for do we need "Cart-Data" in manifest.yml

There are a few special case variables that the console reports for things like db passwords.  You can see how this is reported for example here:

https://github.com/openshift/origin-server/blob/master/cartridges/openshift-origin-cartridge-postgresql/bin/install#L58

But you can't pass arbitrary properties via that mechanism unfortunately.

Ben Parees | OpenShift