Can multicast be turned on in OpenShift

Hello,

My application internally embeds ehcache for local caches on each server.  Ehcache uses multicast mechanism to provide cache updates and preserve cache integrity across multiple instances of the cache. I found in cluster.xml the following configuration that seems to imply that multicast can be enabled within OpenShift:

<multicast enabled="false">
    <multicast-group>224.2.2.3</multicast-group>
    <multicast-port>54327</multicast-port>
</multicast>

What are the ramifications of turning on multicast?

Thanks,
Ron

--

Ron Miller Escalation Engineer, Technical Support

Jaspersoft Corporation

? Office: +1 415 348 2311

? Email: rmiller jaspersoft com
? Website: http://www.jaspersoft.com  Community: http://community.jaspersoft.com/