Re: Project Opportunity: OpenShift Origin 4 AMI

hi

On 09/08/2014 05:33 PM, Diego Spinola Castro wrote:
> Hey Harrison, glad to see the AMI work.
> I'm interested in helping the Centos AMI getting done, so i have some
> thoughts to share:

excellent!

> Route53 is a very stable and reliable DNS service, i've been using for
> almost 2 years on our Openshift Origin without issues. I'm interest to
> provide you guys a Route53 hosting. As i see, i only need to decide 3
> things:

are we going to then assume all cost of all route53 ops here ? or are we
looking at doing something that allows the users to self host something...

> 1) the zone name for AMI use (somebody has to register a dns zone)

paasing.ninja ?

> 2) how to share the AWS credentials: i can create a limited route53
> credentials and put it builtin on AMI ( not sure is is be best approach,
> other solution will be sharing those credentials on a secured url and
> getting it with the first_boot script)

is it easier to have a small python app that can run somehwere which
handles adding / removing / expiring / validating hosts ?

> 3) the CLOUD_DOMAIN: as we will share the same zone for many
> installations we need to be able to generate a custom CLOUD_DOMAIN for
> those instances, by the first_boot script ex:

Can this just be a hash of the ip requesting the addition ? or even just
a hex representation of the ip itself ?

Regards

--
Karanbir Singh