Re: Missing gem when running oo-admin-* script

Yes, don't use rvm or gem install. Gems are expected to be installed as system RPMs, and anything you install another way could mask the ones that are intended (this is a fundamental mismatch in the "usual" method of using ruby and rubygems vs. Red Hat package mgmt). Though, almost everything in OpenShift uses scl-ized ruby ("scl enable ruby193 ...") and not the system ruby (the native 1.8.7 version); you probably haven't installed gems via the scl.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jimmy Chu" <jimmychu hkwtf com>
To: "Nakayama Kenjiro" <nakayamakenjiro gmail com>
Cc: dev lists openshift redhat com
Sent: Thursday, January 1, 2015 10:20:42 PM
Subject: Re: Missing gem when running oo-admin-* script

Hi Kenjiro,

Thanks for the reply. I disabled rvm, and used the ruby that come with CentOS 6 system and it works again.

- JC

On 31/12/14 6:01 pm, Nakayama Kenjiro wrote:

Hi Jimmy,

What OS and its version are you using? I hope you are using RHEL6 or CentOS6, but according to your ruby version I guess you are using Fedora.

(I think origin-server is *not* tested in Fedora's latest version.)

Anyway, following steps will help your issue.

activesupport-3.2.8 is provided through RPM pacakges(RHEL6/CentOS6), so first of all please check your rpm package with this command.

[root vm ~]# rpm -qa |grep activesupport
ruby193-rubygem-activesupport-
3.2.8-5.el6.noarch

Next, if you don't install above RPM package, please install with yum command like this, and please check you could install appropriate version.

[root vm ~]# yum install ruby193-rubygem-activesupport
[root vm ~]# rpm -qa |grep activesupport

But if you cannot resolve your issue, please check if any error was out to your log which was created in "/tmp/openshift-deploy.log" during oo-install.

Thanks,
Kenjiro