Running sharded, scalable databases on OpenShift3

In case folks haven't seen these, both Vitess (clustered mysql project from Google) and Cassandra have Kubernetes examples:

1. Cassandra https://github.com/GoogleCloudPlatform/kubernetes/tree/master/examples/cassandra
2. Vitess (sharded/scalable MySQL) https://github.com/youtube/vitess/tree/master/examples/kubernetes

These should both run through OpenShift as well, although you may have to transcribe the command lines for the OpenShift client.  As more of these examples show up (we've talked about Mongo / ZooKeeper / etcd) I'll be sure to link them here.