Re: features in origin V3

----- Original Message -----

This story isn't complete at the moment, but it is likely you will need to take the source for your v2 application and deploy it on v3, where it will be rebuilt into a docker image and run on v3.  Depending on the nature of your application and how certain v3 features (eg services) evolve, you may or may not have to modify the application source as well.

> 2) what new features in V3 we can leverage i.e. we are doing something in
> current version and that may get supported in V3 too but may also be done in
> better ways?

I'm not sure I understand the question but I can't think of anything that's coming in v3 that you could prepare for by taking action in your v2 apps/deployments today.  The things that are changing will be so different that you couldn't build around it in v2 because the function doesn't exist there, and the things that will be similar in v3 you wouldn't need to change your v2 app for.

In general for v3 we're trying to keep the app development experience similar (see the Source-To-Image project for how we're trying to make that happen with docker images), the big changes will be that some of the limitations that exist when running in a v2 gear will be lifted by virtue of running in a docker container in v3 (eg localhost binding).