Re: OpenShift v3: HAProxy component

You don't need to install go or compile OpenShift to develop a cartridge.  Have you tried running the docker image as described in the Readme?

https://github.com/openshift/origin/blob/master/README.md#getting-started

Also, you can download the binaries from the GitHub release page.  You need to have Docker installed on the machine, but that's it.

https://github.com/openshift/origin/releases

Download the relevant tar and unzip it, then run

    sudo openshift start

A bunch of certs will be generated to disk (in the openshift.local.certs dir),

    export KUBECONFIG=openshift.local.certs/admin/.kubeconfig
    openshift cli <>

But the docker way is easier, because it has the certs set up automatically.  Vagrant is for developing openshift itself.