Re: OpenShift V3 identity and user changes

On 03/30/2015 08:08 PM, Erik M Jacobs wrote:

>>> How does A Clark find this out?
>>>
>>> Is the naming scheme configurable?
>>>
>> In the web console, we surface their OpenShift user name in the user
>> drop-down and in the empty-state help text:
>>

>> In osc, they get something similar:
>>

> This seems like a recipe to confuse the heck out of the user, TBH.

Keep in mind this won't happen if you have a single identity provider
with unique ids, which is the vast majority of uses. If you have
collisions between two identity providers, you have to uniquify. If
there are less confusing ways to do so, I'm all ears.

In the best case (single identity provider, unique ids... which is
actually pretty normal), everything is transparent to users.

In the worst case (username conflicts between multiple identity
providers, uniquing makes their OpenShift username not match their
identity provider username), we are no worse than we were previously for
all users ("I log in with "sam", but my OpenShift username is
"htpasswd:sam?")