Re: OpenShift V3 identity and user changes

On 03/30/2015 08:07 PM, Erik M Jacobs wrote:
On 03/30/2015 05:36 PM, Clayton Coleman wrote:

Is the naming scheme configurable?
Unlikely for 3.0.  What would you want?
Not sure. I guess most companies are going to hook into some kind of
corporate directory (eg: LDAP) so the login would probably look
something like firstname lastname domain com

If that's a valid *username* then we are probably fine in almost all
cases. Since the corporate directory likely doesn't permit dupes, there
would already be unique logins, so this is not likely to occur in a
production environment, I guess...

Right now, the only disallowed characters in usernames are: '%', '/', and ':'

Also, a username may not be exactly equal to '.', '..', or '~'