Re: [OpenShift OSE3] multi-tenant Load balancer question

Hi Sylvain,

I think I understand your question. Assuming you are using HAProxy --

* You will be able to provision multiple routers
* You will be able to configure different routers to watch for different
things (only route specific labels or etc)
* You will be able to configure different domains to be served by
different routers.

I believe this is called "sharding".

This will be configurable at the administrative level, not configurable
by the end user.

The way the HAProxy router works is as follows:

* The container for the router has both HAProxy as well as the OpenShift
software
* The "plugin" for the HAProxy runs in the OpenShift software and
listens to the OpenShift master. It watches for changes to Route resources.
* The "plugin" understands how to dump configuration for HAProxy

If you look at the beta3 training material
(https://github.com/openshift/training) you will see how we look at the
HAProxy configuration pools that the plugin inside the container creates.

I hope this information helps.

Erik M Jacobs, RHCA
Principal Technical Marketing Manager, OpenShift Enterprise
Red Hat, Inc.
Phone: 646.462.3745
Email: ejacobs redhat com
AOL Instant Messenger: ejacobsatredhat