Origin installation via Ansible, dnsIP problem presumably

Hi all,

After getting a bit of experience with the binary distribution, I am now setting Origin via the Ansible playbook.

At the end of the installation I run into some problems.
TASK: [openshift_node | Start and enable node] ********************************
<node-001.adnopenshift-dev.mycompany.com> REMOTE_MODULE service name=origin-node enabled=yes state=started
<master-001.adnopenshift-dev.mycompany.com> REMOTE_MODULE service name=origin-node enabled=yes state=started
failed: [node-001.adnopenshift-dev.mycompany.com] => {"failed": true}
msg: Job for origin-node.service failed because the control process exited with error code. See "systemctl status origin-node.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.

failed: [master-001.adnopenshift-dev.mycompany.com] => {"failed": true}
msg: Job for origin-node.service failed because the control process exited with error code. See "systemctl status origin-node.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.
So I checked the journal log:
could not load config file "/etc/origin/node/node-config.yaml" due to an error: yaml: line 5: did not find expected ',' or '}'

I believe what happens, is that in the node-config.yaml the following _expression_ on line 4 cannot be evaluated somehow (_expression_ not terminated properly), hence the problem on line 5.
allowDisabledDocker: false
apiVersion: v1
dnsDomain: cluster.local
dnsIP: {# openshift_dns_ip | default(openshift_master_cluster_vip | default(None if openshift.common.version_gte_3_1_or_1_1 | bool else openshift_node_first_master_ip | default(None, true), true), true) #}
dockerConfig:
  execHandlerName: ""
iptablesSyncPeriod: "5s"
imageConfig:
  format: openshift/origin-${component}:${version}
  latest: false
So I think it's the dnsIP that is problematic.

I am not using HA, or pacemaker, hence I did not configure any special settings (like openshift_master_cluster_vip).
I have a simple host invetory file I use when I run the installation:
# Create an OSEv3 group that contains the masters and nodes groups
[OSEv3:children]
masters
nodes

# Set variables common for all OSEv3 hosts
[OSEv3:vars]
# SSH user, this user should allow ssh based auth without requiring a password
ansible_ssh_user=root

deployment_type=origin

openshift_master_identity_providers=[{'name': 'htpasswd_auth', 'login': 'true', 'challenge': 'true', 'kind': 'HTPasswdPasswordIdentityProvider', 'filename': '/etc/origin/master/htpasswd'}]

# host group for masters
[masters]
master-001.adnopenshift-dev.mycompany.com

# host group for nodes
[nodes]
master-001.adnopenshift-dev.mycompany.com openshift_schedulable=false
node-001.adnopenshift-dev.mycompany.com

My assumption is that if I would modify the dnsIP in the node-config.yaml file  the nodes would be able to start.
But I would like to learn the proper configuration for future (avoid any manual steps if possible).

DNS settings are configured as per the installation guide (prereq) I believe.
hostname -f also works on both (master and node).

Thanks very much in advance!

Kind regards,
Dave

--

David Balakirev, Senior Software Engineer

AdNovum Hungary Kft.
Kapás utca 11-15, H-1027 Budapest
david balakirev adnovum hu
www.adnovum.hu

Locations: Zurich (HQ), Bern, Budapest, Ho Chi Minh City, Singapore